Writing is a true Art. A writer is less a writer and more an artist and a storyteller. Whether you are a creative or an informational writer, the way you deliver your thoughts is as important as what you are delivering.
Here I am presenting some of the best quotes about writing to help you craft your ideas, understanding more about writing and words in a much better way. I believe this will help some of you to learn some new writing quotes. And to have new encouragements regarding writing.
These quotes may also be helpful in writing essays and articles.
Best Writing Quotes
- “I only achieve simplicity with enormous effort.”
“If you do not breathe through writing, if you do not cry out in writing, or sing in writing, then don’t write, because our culture has no use for it.”
- “The true writer has nothing to say. What counts is the way he says it.”
- “We live not only in a world of thoughts but also in a world of things. Words without experience are meaningless.”
- “All I know is what the words know, and dead things, and that makes a handsome little sum, with a beginning and a middle and an end, as in the well-built phrase and the long sonata of the dead.”
- “There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It’s a way of understanding it.” – Lloyd Alexander
- “There is no real ending. It’s just the place where you stop the story.”
- “Write what should not be forgotten.”
- “I can shake off everything as I write; my sorrows disappear, my courage is reborn.” – Anne Frank
- “The first draft of anything is shit.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “There are books of which the backs and covers are by far the best parts.”
“In writing, you must kill all your darlings.”
- “Don’t bend; don’t water it down; don’t try to make it logical; don’t edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
- “Women want love to be a novel. Men, a short story.”
- “If we can write or sing or create in some way, even when we are dealing with difficulties or pain, then it becomes something bigger than ourselves — and often beautiful.”
- Easy is to describe yourself, hard is to define yourself
- “My best advice to writers is getting yourself born in an interesting place.”
“If there’s a book that you want to read, but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it.”
Here are some of the best quotes about writing I have found on the internet. Of course, I have not written them neither I own any copyright over them.
The source of most of the quotes is Goodreads and Other online articles. Write in comments what do you think about these writing quotes.